A passion for high quality, locally-sourced fresh food, a role at the heart of the community and a commitment to providing the warmest welcome are what drives the Provenance Inns and Hotels Group.
Provenance Inns Director Chris Blundell has used his own passions for farming, horticulture and locally-sourced food to create a group of welcoming venues providing great service, food and drink.
“My entire career has been based in the food sector, covering food manufacturing, retailing and farming. When I decided to venture into the hospitality sector, provenance came to mind as a name because I believe that it is hugely important not only in ensuring sustainable high quality but also in supporting the communities in which we operate.
“From field to fork we ensure that we can trace our produce every step of the way. We work hard to find like-minded suppliers, who deliver good, honest produce, consistently; so that we can always make certain that our customers are eating and drinking only the very best.
“Provenance Inns believes deeply in animal welfare and the sustainability of all our produce. We make it our mission to work with suppliers who share this belief and turn out high quality local produce.”
Provenance has expanded over the years to form a collection of inns in picturesque villages across North Yorkshire, along with a town centre hotel in spa town of Harrogate.
Three of the six Provenance inns offer accommodation as well as the Harrogate hotel, all focusing on comfort and attention to detail.
All are close to beautiful countryside and the opportunities that offers for walking or simply enjoying the views and, with that in mind, all Provenance inns and the hotel are dog-friendly. All, too, play a part in enhancing community life, whether through supporting local fundraising or serving as a venue for neighbourhood groups and functions.
Chris said: “The philosophy behind the group is to be at the heart of the communities within which we operate and to offer great seasonal and local produce in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere.”
“We are now a family friendly pub that embodies informality with good food and drink.”
It is a philosophy that has led to a number of awards, including Best Large Company in the 2017 Harrogate Advertiser Business Awards; Editor’s Choice 1 of 10 Best New Discoveries 2016 in the latest edition of the Good Hotel Guide for the Carpenters Arms at Felixkirk; Pub Group of the Year in 2015 from the Good Pub Guide; Best Newcomer for the West Park Hotel at the 2015 Harrogate Hospitality and Tourism Awards; and Best Freehouse at the 2011 Great British Pub Awards for The Carpenters Arms.
- “…THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL SHOWS IN MENUS AND ACCOMMODATION THAT ARE TRADITIONAL YET TOP-NOTCH.”
As listed in the top 15 Best New Pubs with Rooms, The Sunday Times Travel Section 24.07.11’…The Oak Tree
- “A SPLENDID MEAL WITH EXEMPLARY SERVICE. PROVENANCE INNS HAVE NAILED ALL THAT THIS NOW GORGEOUS INN SHOULD BE AND IT SEEMS THEY HAVE CHARMED THE VILLAGERS INTO THE BARGAIN TOO. ”
Elaine Lemm, Yorkshire Post 24.12.11
- “THIS WAS REALLY TOP-NOTCH, SIMPLE, PUB FOOD COOKED WELL, WITHOUT ANY PRETENTIOUSNESS, AND SERVED BY A VERY EFFICIENT, SINCERELY SMILEY STAFF.”
Darlington and Stockton Times Malcolm Warne, 14.1.2011
- “BIG TICKS TO THE PARTNERSHIP FOR THE FLASHES OF BRILLIANCE, LACK OF PRETENSION AND IMPECCABLE SERVICE WHICH MAKE THIS ALL A GOOD QUALITY INN SHOULD BE”
Yorkshire Post 24/12/10
- “A COUNTRY PUB IN A BEAUTIFUL SETTING, WHICH ATTRACTS IMPRESSIVELY CONSISTENT REPORTS, NOT LEAST FOR ITS ‘EXCEPTIONAL’ SERVICE.”
Harden’s, the UK’s Most Authoritative Restaurant Reviews
- “PUNTERS ENJOY A PINT OF THEAKSTON, AND A DAPPER, YELLOW-WALLED AND WINE-THEMED RESTAURANT THAT DRAWS ALL AND SUNDRY. THE BAR BITES MENU AND THE SUNDAY ROASTS ARE INEVITABLY POPULAR.”
Top 10 Cosy Pubs, The Guardian