Welcome to Provenance Inns
Provenance Inns Directors, Chris Blundell and Michael Ibbotson, are two men who call Yorkshire home and share a passion for quality fresh food. After considerable experience and success in the business world and the food industry, both Chris and Michael have returned to their North Yorkshire roots and created Provenance Inns.
Provenance means exploring the origin – whether it be food, drink or architecture. And their quest for provenance is at the heart of their inns. The aim is to bring customers distinctive, seasonal and local produce, in a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- “…THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL SHOWS IN MENUS AND ACCOMMODATION THAT ARE TRADITIONAL YET TOP-NOTCH.”
As listed in the top 15 Best New Pubs with Rooms, The Sunday Times Travel Section 24.07.11’…The Oak Tree
- “A SPLENDID MEAL WITH EXEMPLARY SERVICE. PROVENANCE INNS HAVE NAILED ALL THAT THIS NOW GORGEOUS INN SHOULD BE AND IT SEEMS THEY HAVE CHARMED THE VILLAGERS INTO THE BARGAIN TOO. ”
Elaine Lemm, Yorkshire Post 24.12.11
- “THIS WAS REALLY TOP-NOTCH, SIMPLE, PUB FOOD COOKED WELL, WITHOUT ANY PRETENTIOUSNESS, AND SERVED BY A VERY EFFICIENT, SINCERELY SMILEY STAFF.”
Darlington and Stockton Times Malcolm Warne, 14.1.2011
- “BIG TICKS TO THE PARTNERSHIP FOR THE FLASHES OF BRILLIANCE, LACK OF PRETENSION AND IMPECCABLE SERVICE WHICH MAKE THIS ALL A GOOD QUALITY INN SHOULD BE”
Yorkshire Post 24/12/10
- “A COUNTRY PUB IN A BEAUTIFUL SETTING, WHICH ATTRACTS IMPRESSIVELY CONSISTENT REPORTS, NOT LEAST FOR ITS ‘EXCEPTIONAL’ SERVICE.”
Harden’s, the UK’s Most Authoritative Restaurant Reviews
- “PUNTERS ENJOY A PINT OF THEAKSTON, AND A DAPPER, YELLOW-WALLED AND WINE-THEMED RESTAURANT THAT DRAWS ALL AND SUNDRY. THE BAR BITES MENU AND THE SUNDAY ROASTS ARE INEVITABLY POPULAR.”
Top 10 Cosy Pubs, The Guardian